The Great Big Science Show
Perfect for audiences with a range of ages and interests, the Great Big Science Show ticks all the boxes - foaming chemical reactions, explosions, liquid nitrogen, fireballs and lots of audience interaction. We'll keep the pace and energy high for maximum crowd-pleasing engagement.
- Liquid nitrogen - famous demonstrations including shrinking a balloon, making clouds and smashing an "unbreakable" rubber ball
- Dry ice - exploring the strange properties of frozen carbon dioxide
- Rockets - launch various kinds of rockets
- Fireball - creating combustion using flour
- Chemical reactions - fizzing, frothing and colour changing concoctions
- Elephant's toothpaste - an expanding "worm" of steaming foam grows out of nowhere
- Colourful explosion - dry ice is used to blast hundreds of colourful soft-play balls into the air
- Giant balloon explosion
- Coloured flames
*Demonstrations performed will be customised to suit the audience age and may depend on venue or time constraints.
PRICE (FROM 1 JULY 2018):
$550 per show (incl. GST)
Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle & Lower Hunter
3-5 classes per show
Running Time & scheduling tips
- Show runs for 60 minutes
- Consecutive sessions will require a 10 minute reset period
- Allow a further 60 minutes for set up and 45 minutes for pack up
What we'll need at your school:
- Indoor venue (hall is ideal) with power outlet and space for students to sit
- Access to sink with hot water before and after each show (eg. staff room)
- Accessible off-street parking for the duration of our visit, allowing for a 1-hour set up and pack up time.
Book a space
in your school
We do the rest!
We come to you - no buses ✓
Flexible with dates, session times & student numbers ✓
Fully insured & risk assessments available ✓
Teachers only required for supervision ✓
Aligned with the Australian Curriculum standards ✓
Photographer: Vanessa Hill